| ||American Home Shield founded the home warranty industry in 1971 and remains the industry leader, servicing more than 1.5 million home owners across 49 states and the District of Columbia and provides them with affordable protection for major appliances and system components, plus reliable, expert and convenient repair. The Memphis, Tennessee-based company operates three customer service centers, employs approximately 1,800 employees and has a national contractor network made up of over 10,000 independent home-service contractors, including more than 45,000 service technicians. American Home Shield is a business unit of The ServiceMaster Company, one of the world's largest residential and commercial service networks. The company's brands include American Home Shield, AmeriSpec, Furniture Medic, Merry Maids. ServiceMaster Clean, and Terminix. |
The American Home Shield Management Development Program is a corporate and service center-based, 12-18-month rotational experience that will provide the broadest possible leadership development experience in preparation for a full-time role within a corporate or operations environment.
As a Leadership Development Trainee, you will gain exposure in these functional areas:
Call Center Operations
Sales -Consumer and Business to Business
E-Commerce and Social Media
Product Strategy and Development
Completion of required paperwork, training, and assignments as needed to satisfy Leadership Development Program requirements
Bachelor's degree (BA/BA) from a four-year college or university; GPA 3.0 or above
College graduate and 1 – 2 years work experience preferred
Prior service industry work / internship experience preferred
Ability to maintain flexible work schedule
Ability to travel and/or relocate
Ability to solve practical problems with a variety of variables
Strong interpersonal skills for successful interaction with trainers, mentors, and management
Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively prepare and present information
Ability to efficiently manage time such that assignments, goals, and objectives are met
Aptitude for leadership positions and operations management
Ability to take responsibility for decisions and actions
Ability to lead and motivate others
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential function to this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent must be prepared to:
* Move up to 10 pounds occasionally, by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects.
* Sitting for long periods of time while using office equipment such as computers, phones and etc.
* Standing for sustained periods of time
* Walking such as particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
* Climbing such as stairs and ramps.
* Fingering and Repetitive motions; such as movement of wrists, hands and fingers while picking, pinching and typing during your normal working environment.
* Express or exchange ideas with others through the use of spoken word, quickly, accurately, and at an easily audible volume, and receive detailed information through oral communication at usual speaking levels without correction, and/or make fine discriminations in the nature of sounds in the environment.
* The worker might be subject to operate a motor vehicle.
Incumbent is required to have:
* Close visual acuity to perform detail oriented activities at distances close to the eyes, as well as visual acuity to perform activities at or within arm's reach with skill, control, and accuracy, such as preparing and analyzing data, viewing computer screen and expansive reading.
Incumbent will be subject to:
* The worker is subject to both environmental conditions such as inside and outside work activities.
ServiceMaster is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position. An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.