1. Risk Management
- School District's liaison with Insurance Companies.
- Responsible for negotiating premiums and maintaining proper insurance for all aspects of the operation of the school district, including automobile, liability, fire and property, flood and Worker's Compensation.
- Responsible for arranging for appraisal of school district buildings and fixed assets, as needed for proper insurance coverage and as otherwise required.
2. Health and Safety
- Emergency response administrator for the district. Works with the Director of Facilities to develop the Emergency Management Plan for the District.
- Coordinates the activities of the Director of Facilities with respect to: mandated training; air quality inspections; water quality; playground safety; asbestos inspections; integrated pest management; etc.
- Works with the Director of Attendance and Pupil Services to implement the requirements of the Schools Against Violence in Education (SAVE) legislation.
- Responsible for the submittal of VADIR reporting for all buildings under the direction of the Director of Attendance and Pupil Services.
- Ensures the completion of all emergency drills as required by law.
- Oversees services provided by School Resource Officers.
3. Auxiliary Services
- Supervises Transportation Services, Food Services Director and Director of Facilities.
- Facilitates coordination of capital projects, all financial aspects and State Aid documents.
- Oversees reporting and maintains files of all paperwork related to capital projects.
- Responsible for all FEMA claims, project worksheets and reporting.
- Coordinates the planning for negotiations with all bargaining units in the district and acts as negotiator for the Superintendent and Board of Education.
- Prepares data needed by the Superintendent of Schools and the Board of Education to establish parameters for negotiations.
- Works with state agencies, as required, in the resolution of contract disputes.
- Completes contract negotiations and implementation for all transportation services.
- Negotiates all final contracts and writes leasing and rental agreements for facilities.
- Oversees writing of board resolutions for facility matters.
5. Contract Administration
- Handles grievances from both professional and support personnel. Advises administrators and the Superintendent in handling low-level grievances; presents the administrative case at Board level grievance hearings; works with counsel in preparing and presenting district arbitration cases.
- Interprets the meaning of various contract articles contained in labor agreements with the various employee bargaining units for administrative staff.
- Develops and implements procedures for the administration of Sick Banks.
6. Assists in responding to FOIL requests, as needed.
7. Co-facilitates the District Policy committee.
8. Maintains and distributes district forms related to the administrative guidelines associated with district policy.
9. Attends Organization of Instructional Representatives and serves as liaison to Broome-Tioga BOCES.
10. District Title IX Officer.
11. Works with the Director of Attendance and Pupil Services to supervise the Home Teaching Program. Provides leadership and oversight for out of district student placements related to student behavior.
12. Provides oversight to the Director of Pupil Services for the development of the district student calendar, complete with parent conference days, report cards and interim dates.
13. Works with the Regional Information Center to ensure facilities are maintained and adequate to support instructional technology.
14. Collaborates in the evaluation of administrators as assigned by the Superintendent.
15. Provides regular reports to the Superintendent and Board of Education concerning the instructional programs, student outcomes, and the support needed to maintain and improve instruction.
16. Completes all other tasks assigned by the Superintendent.