| ||We are currently seeking ambitious and personable candidates to serve as Pest Control Technicians. You will make service calls to commercial customers and apply anti-pest treatments as outlined in job orders. In addition, you will identify opportunities to up-sell additional products and services – and receive additional commission income for doing so. |
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to start a career right out of high school with comprehensive paid training and plenty of room for advancement. We'll even help you to get your licensure / certification! Come and see why so many of our employees have made Terminix their career home. We're looking forward to hearing from you!
This position is within our Terminix brand.
ServiceMaster is a leading provider of essential residential and commercial services, operating through an extensive service network of more than 8,000 company-owned locations and franchise and license agreements. The company's portfolio of well-recognized brands includes American Home Shield (home warranties), AmeriSpec (home inspections), Furniture Medic (furniture repair), Merry Maids (residential cleaning), ServiceMaster Clean (janitorial), ServiceMaster Restore (disaster restoration) and Terminix (termite and pest control). The company is headquartered in Memphis, Tenn. Go to www.servicemaster.com for more information about ServiceMaster or follow the company at twitter.com/ServiceMaster or Facebook.com/ServiceMaster.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Be knowledgeable of technical data concerning chemicals used and their application.
* Be knowledgeable of federal, state and local regulations regarding pest control.
* Maintain a copy of the Terminix Commercial Pest Control Service manual at close proximity at all times and follow the specified instructions therein.
* Service all customers according to company standards and procedures.
* Call office daily as required for messages.
* Complete and submit daily service reports as required.
* Advise customers of potential problems.
* Keep management informed of any problems encountered on service stops.
* Maintain proper inventory of pesticides in usage.
* Maintain service records in accordance with EPA standards.
* Collect delinquent accounts.
* Maintain service equipment and vehicle in clean and proper operating condition.
* Maintain a safe driving record.
* Assist on routes as required by management.
* Complete federal, state, local and company required training programs within prescribed time limits for proper certification.
* Available to work flexible hours as required by customer needs, including evenings, nights, and/or weekends.
* Other duties as assigned.
At Terminix®, our people bring tremendous pride and integrity to everything we do. In turn, we provide a working environment where these skilled professionals can achieve true satisfaction in their own lives.
We are proud to offer our exceptional associates competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and outstanding opportunities for professional development. If you're committed to providing the highest level of customer service, we have an ideal opportunity for you. In this position you will service commercial establishments for the purpose of controlling insect and rodent infestations, and solicit new business, while applying technical knowledge of chemicals and adhering to required safety regulations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
* Ability to write simple correspondence.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
* Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
* Licenses/certificates as required by federal, state, or local regulations.
* Maintain a valid driver's license.
* Immediately report to management any loss of required license.
At Terminix, people come for a job and stay for a career. As a Terminix associate, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and benefits as well as the opportunity for the professional growth and respect that comes from working for an industry leader. Qualified candidates must have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED). We perform criminal background checks, motor vehicle record checks and drug screening.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
ServiceMaster is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability