Requisition Number: 03024473 Final Filing Date: 08-21-2019 Closing Date: Payroll Title: FARM LABORER Number of Positions: 2 Salary: $16.80 - $19.97/HR Appointment Type: Limited Appointment Description: 100% Fixed, Standard Schedule, Short Term position (up to 6 months) not to exceed 1,000 hours Overtime Eligible (FLSA): Non-Exempt Union/HEERA Representation: This position is covered by a collective bargaining unit
Department: FOUNDATION PLANT SERVICES - 030345 Department Description:
Location: Davis Allow Applicants to Attach: Resume Cover Letter References
Job Summary: Under supervision, perform skilled and unskilled agricultural tasks in and around Foundation Plant Services, its fields and facilities, including irrigating, weeding, sowing seeds, pest control, transplanting, tractor operation, plant maintenance including pruning and train field crops, harvesting, and grapevine and other plant collection.
Physical Demands: - Lift irrigation pipe, farm equipment, and sacks or boxes weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Stoop, bend and stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Walk on uneven terrain, including plowed ground.
- Work in the field under hot, uncomfortable conditions.
Work Environment: - Work flexible schedule to meet operational needs.
- CA Driver's License to drive to work site.
- UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) will be strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.
Background Check Required: No
Minimum Qualifications: - Experience performing general agricultural work.
- Knowledge of harvesting.
- Skill and ability to collect grapevine and other plant material to department specifications.
- Knowledge to prune field crops.
- Skills to follow oral and written instructions.
Preferred Qualifications: - Skills to drive light vehicles, operate tractors and operate hand tools.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
UC Davis is the home of the Aggies — go-getters, change makers and problem solvers who make their mark at one of the top public universities in the United States. Since we first opened in 1908, we’ve been known for standout academics, sustainability and Aggie Pride as well as valuing the Northern California lifestyle. These themes are woven into our 100-plus-year history and our reputation for solving problems related to food, health, the environment and society.Our 5,300-acre campus is in the city of Davis, a vibrant college town of about 68,000 located in Yolo County. The state capital is 20 minutes away, and world-class destinations such as the San Francisco Bay Area, Lake Tahoe and the Napa Valley are within a two-hour drive.